Mum Fuel Oat Bar Recipe
Sometimes, if you have had a long night up with little ones, you might need a little pick-me-up during the afternoon; we have put together this recipe containing oats (a slow release energy supply) which are great for getting you through those long days. Alternatively these are perfect for a breakfast with fruit and yogurt, for the best start to the day too.
What you will need:
Non-stick baking paper
1 cup of oats
1 cup of ground oats (whizz in the blender or food processor)
2 tbs sunflower seeds
2 tbs raisins
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbs honey
1 tbs melted coconut oil
1 mashed banana
1 tbs chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/fan, 170C/gas 5. Line a baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (not the chocolate chips) and the honey
- Add the melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix.
- Add the mashed banana to the bowl and mix.
- In the lined baking tray, transfer the mixture and push down with the back of a spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips to the top of the pressed mixture and press lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into 10 slices.
You do not need to take in lots of extra calories while you are...Read More
However, this does not mean ‘eating for two’. Your pregnant body is even more...Read More
Food allergies are becoming more common and can occur when eaten, inhaled or even...Read More
Whether you're currently pregnant or are breastfeeding you might have some questions around the...Read More
- Sore nipples are very common during breastfeeding and can often be a result of the uncomfortable positioning... View
- It’s common for one breast to leak when feeding or pumping from the other side and we think this is... View
- The Lansinoh Breastfeeding Pillow is comfortable, portable, and helps support proper breastfeeding positioning.... View
- The Lansinoh Compact Single Electric Breast Pump is ideal for today’s busy mum, who is always on the... View