Latching On Video
- Make sure baby’s chest rests against your body;
- Baby’s lips should be flanged open like a fish;
- Baby’s chin should touch the breast;
- Baby’s cheeks are rounded;
- Baby’s ears wiggle as they gently suck.
If you need further assistance with checking your baby’s latch while breastfeeding, speak with your healthcare professional who can advise alternative positions for you both to try.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media pages for even more great information, hints, tips about all things parenting and breastfeeding. Join in the conversation at Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.