Can I sterilise the Lansinoh® Smartpump 2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump accessories in boiling water?
Yes, it is recommended to sterilise all parts that come into contact with breastmilk prior to first use, and regularly as needed during usage. DO NOT wash or sterilise the tubing, tubing connector or the pump base.
If you want to sterilise via boiling method:
- Place parts in a pot and cover with water making sure there is room for all of the parts to float freely in the pot. Please be sure that there is ample water in the pot so that no portion of the accessories touch the bottom or the sides of the pot as this could cause them to melt.
- Bring the water to a boil and allow the parts to boil for 5 minutes.
- After boiling, remove the parts from the pot with tongs and place on a clean towel to dry, covering the parts with a second clean towel. Do not use a dish cloth or tea towel to rub or pat items dry.
- Allow the parts to dry completely before assembly and use. Partially dried parts may affect the operation of the pump.
- Once parts are dry; they can be stored in a clean plastic bin with a lid or in a clean plastic zipper bag.