Are the Lansinoh® Smartpump 2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump and accessories dishwasher safe?
The breastmilk expression pump parts are dishwasher safe on the top rack; However, we recommend using the following instructions for cleaning and sterilising to get the best results and to extend the longevity of use:
- Disassemble the breast pump parts, setting aside the base unit, tubing and connectors.
- Rinse all parts with cold water immediately after each use. Place pump parts in a clean sink or washing up bowl, used only for washing infant feeding equipment. Do not place pump parts directly in the sink, because germs in sinks or drains could contaminate the pump.
- Hand wash all parts of the breastmilk expression set using warm soapy water. A teat brush may be used to scrub the hard plastic pieces of the parts, but should not be used on the soft silicone valve or diaphragm.
- Rinse parts with running clean, warm water, or by submerging in fresh water in a separate basin that is used only for cleaning infant feeding items.
- Place pump parts on a clean, unused dish towel or paper towel in an area protected from dirt and dust. Do not use a dish cloth or tea towel to rub or pat items dry. Allow the parts to dry completely before assembly and use. Partially dried parts may affect the operation of the pump.
To clean the breast pump base, wipe with a damp cloth, using only water or mild soap.