Breast Pumping Tips
When using a pump, such as Lansinoh’s Compact Single Electric Breast Pump or 2-in-1 Double Electric Breast Pump you need to create a relaxing routine, which will help condition let down of breastmilk and initiate milk flow, making the overall experience more comfortable.
Here are a few more tips to help you pump successfully:
- One of the most important things you need to do is to keep yourself hydrated, have a glass of water before you start pumping and another next to you whilst you’re pumping.
- Some things that can help encourage your milk flow are having a picture of your baby nearby, keeping something which smells of your baby for example, a blanket from their moses basket and hearing your baby.
- There are products that can help too, for example Lansinoh’s Therapearl 3 in 1 hot or cold breast therapy, when placed in the microwave for 15 seconds and positioned around your pump can help initiate milk flow.
- Pump first thing in the morning, this is when your will have the most milk supply.
- If your nipples become sore while your pumping use our HPA Lanolin to soothe your nipples after pumping. Also make sure your nipple is in the centre of the funnel to reduce soreness.
- You should pump until your milk flow slows down and then switch to the other breast.
And finally don’t forget to relax!
- Lansinoh’s Single Electric Breast Pump has been designed to help you express your precious breast milk... View
- Lansinoh’s 2-in-1 Double Electric Breast Pump is the very best option for mothers who want comfort,... View
- Lansinoh’s Manual Breast Pump provides a portable and convenient option for breastfeeding women who... View